To work with an element on the web page, first we need to find them. To find the html element in jQuery we use selectors. There are many types of selectors but basic selectors are:
- Name: Selects all elements which match with the given element Name.
- #ID: Selects a single element which matches with the given ID
- .Class: Selects all elements which match with the given Class.
- Universal (*): Selects all elements available in a DOM.
- Attribute Selector: Select elements based on its attribute value.