1) Go to system -> configuration and click on the option “contacts” (sidebar menu) under the main category “general” and check the “Email sender ” value that is selected from the drop down . Let it be “Custom Email 2”
2) Go to system -> configuration and click on the option “Store Email addresses” (sidebar menu) under the main category
“general . Then fill fields under the tab “Custom Email 2” and save the data .
NOTE : FYI , By default “base” is the package name and “default” is the theme name as far as the design
part is concerned .
In case of css and images , magento use files from the package “default” also .
2) Move the folders “app” and “skin” of the new theme to the root of your magento installation so that these
files will get merged with the existing magento folders “app” and “skin”.
make sure that the folders are moved .
3) Then after logged into the admin panel , go to system -> configuration and click on the option (sidebar
menu) “Design” under the main category “general” .
Fill the fields and under the tabs “Package” and “Theme” and save the data .Have a look at the below
given image .
4) Clear the cache after saving the data , If cache is enabled .