Please follow the link
Follow the below given instructions
1) Back up the files in the server
2) Export the Databse
3) Move the files to the new server
4) Import the databse to the new server
5) Edit the database details . please update the file “app/etc/local.xml”, with the latest Database details
6) Modify the table core_config_data (Replace old server name with new one).
7) Delete the files in “var/session” and “/var/cache”
Magento employs the MySQL relational database management system, the PHP programming language, and elements of the Zend Framework. It applies the conventions of object-oriented programming and model-view-controller architecture. Magento also uses the entity–attribute–value model to store data.