- When Magento website receive a request,it will be intercepted by index.php file
- Index.php will instantiates magento application
- Magento application will instantiates Front Controller Object
- Front controller object will instantiates Router objects (speciafied in config.xml files.global tag)
- Router object check for the frontname in modules
- If any match is found corresponding controller function will be called
- Controller function can instantiates layout object that calls blocks at the same time it can communicate with model functions too.
- Block also can communicate with models which defines business logic + database operation
- Block will decide the phtml file to be loaded and phtml file displays output for the URL requested.
Beginners' Guide , PHP Programmer , Zend Certified Engineer , Magento Certified Developer