Follow the below steps to Change localhost to custom domain name in XAMP server
1) Open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and edit “as Administrator” => hosts file.
Add the below line and save the file.
2) Edit httpd-vhosts.conf file (In my system E:\xampp\apache\conf\extra and edit httpd-vhosts.conf )
Add the below lines and save the file
3) Restart XAMPP and url www.phpcodez.com will load content form e:/xampp/htdocs/phpcodez
Follow the below steps to update the defalt port 80 apache XAMP Apache server
1) Stop the XAMPP server, if it is running already.
2) Open the file httpd.conf(In my case its E:\xampp\apache\conf\httpd.conf)
And replace with the other port number(8012)
3) Open the file httpd-ssl(In my system its E:\xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-ssl.conf)
Locate the following lines
Replace them by with a other port number(8013)
4) Restart the Apache server and http://localhost:8012/ should work.
I have configured Memcached in XAMPP running onwindows 10. But the module was not appearing in phpinfo() data.
The system was throwing the following error.
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘xampp\php\ext\php_memcache.dll’ – The specified module could not be found
The issue was due to the fact that the php_memcache.dll downloaded was not mathcing with the PHP version(7.1.14) that I have been using.
Later I downloaded the correct php_memcache.dll file from https://codeload.github.com/nono303/PHP7-memcache-dll/zip/master
Memcache is a caching system used to speed up web applications by holding small pieces of arbitrary data, it could be broadly compared to the $_SESSION variable in PHP, but memcache works across the whole application not just on a per user basis and has been successfully proven to make great gains in speed increases on web applications.
Memcache was designed with Linux in mind and not windows, so it has posed some installation issues because Windows users are not so familiar with having to compile code from source as memcache does not come with any installation software. Continue reading Install Memcached XAMPP Windows 10