The PHP Data Objects (PDO) extension defines a lightweight, consistent interface for accessing databases in PHP.
- Supports 12 different databases
- Object Mapping
- Supports prepared statements
- Supports multiple statements
- Object oriented interface
- Named parameters
- PDO has built-in support for Large Objects (LOBs).
- When something goes wrong, PDO can throw an instance of its own exception class.
- PDO does not emulate missing database features.
- Placeholders within PDO prepared statements need not be named.